The IMA Approved Checklist
By being a member of the Interim Management Association we adhere to a strict
code of practice underpinned by a 12-point checklist that ensures we select and
appoint only the best interim managers.
The quality pledge means we:
- Only place genuine self-employed interim managers who trade through a limited company and have adequate professional indemnity insurance cover in place.
- Have clear processes in place, which establish an understanding of the client’s organisation and requirements, and provides objective professional advice on the use of interim management.
- Provide job briefs, which result in a written job description and project plan that clearly sets out the description and scope of services to be provided by the executive.
- Offer a comprehensive search for appropriately qualified interim managers.
- Undertake a thorough evaluation of the candidates, including personal and structured interviews, and the formal taking of references of the individual’s suitability and qualifications for the assignment.
- Only introduce candidates who have been briefed on the specific client opportunity, and who have been referenced and met prior to placement.
- Provide ongoing support to the client and to the interim manager when the assignment has commenced.
- Provide the necessary checks on the Criminal Records Bureau, Protection of Vulnerable Adults list and the Protection of Children Act.
- Demonstrate a true commitment to equality and diversity.
- Have adequate insurance protection in place to cover professional indemnity, employers liability and public liability. The IMA also has a wrapper scheme in place.
- Have a robust complaints handling process.
- Provide best practice training and resourcing for interim consultants.
Find out more at the IMA website